IoT Asset Lifecycle Management
Rentalworks manages your IT lifecycle from planning to disposal via an operating lease so you avoid risks associated to IT ownership.
Leasing – Addresses both financial and technological issues of IT lifecycle management:
Maintaining an up-to-date IT platform whilst controlling IT infrastructure costs have increasingly become a challenge due to the volatile market condition. With rapid advancement in IT, the latest and cutting edge technology today may not necessarily be that of tomorrow! However, what remains a certainty is, technology fuels progress. Companies are dependant on IT to function productively and strive to keep up with technology for a competitive success.
Where budget remains a concern, businesses are increasingly pressed to extend their hardware acquisition techniques to look beyond the traditional means of purchasing brand new technology. More and more are urged to focus on optimal utilisation of technology in order to maximise return on investment.
Leasing has become a particularly attractive option for companies looking to deploy technology while conserving capital resources. An increasing number of companies have opted for IT equipment leasing because it makes good commercial sense. Companies need technology to improve their efficiency and IT equipment leasing makes this more affordable.
- It allows you to forecast your IT expenses making it easier to manage and anticipate your cash flow as payments are fixed throughout the rental term.
- It frees up capital because you do not need to pay upfront for the use of equipment.
- It offers tax advantages because monthly lease payments are generally tax deductible and can be treated as an operating expense. Please consult your accountant or tax advisor for more specific details.
- It improves financial ratios, showing the company to be more profitable with more liquid assets, as it does not appear on your balance sheet.
- It protects you from technology obsolescence as you pay for the use of the equipment, and not the ownership. You use the technology without having to worry when the equipment is out-of-date and return the equipment at end-of-lease.
- It saves you from end-of-lifecycle worries such as disposal and the associated costs.
It provides ultimate flexibility because you can upgrade and add on components throughout rental period as and when the business demands arise.
We takes away the pain of buying expensive brand new equipment that is only required for a short period of time. We provide a variety of ICT products to suit the need for opening ceremony, launching, training, annual event, seminar and exhibition for a day a week or a month. Rentalworks can supply alternative rental equipment to suite your need.
Other benefits include:
- Sustainable devices
- Data cleansing
- No long-term commitment
- Affordable product portfolio
- End-to-end solution
24/7 service on request
Our approach on asset recovery is to achieve zero – land fill and secure removal of any sensitive business information from the IT assets. We emphasise on the responsible way of disposing assets and ensure that only stringent methods are used to ensure compliance with local environmental standards observed while ensuring the return of value on the assets to our clients.
Our clients have the options to either reuse, resell or recycle their IT assets:
Resell Value: Rentalworks will navigate the logistics process to ensure IT assets that has residual value will be resold at market prices that best valuate the asset to provide fair returns for our clients.
Recycling: For IT assets that no longer have any market value, these IT assets will be recycled to ensure that its components are broken down into parts separated by ferrous metals, precious metals and plastics. All our recycling activities are in accordance to local environmental laws.
End of Lease Return: For IT assets that requires to be return to a lessor, Rentalworks will manage the logistics and managed the processing of the IT asset return via 2 options:
1.Transporter: IT assets are collected and transported to designated locations as per lessor request.
2.Processer+ Transporter: IT assets are either processed onsite /offsite which includes secure data destruction and then transported to designated locations as per lessor request.
Rentalworks provides secure data destruction software and hardware services to ensure that your end-of-life data is erased securely and cost-effectively. Our offer is the most complete end to end solution for erasing all of your organisation’s IT assets, including PCs and laptops, servers and storage environments, LUNs, Virtual Drives, Virtual Machines, smartphones and tablets, flash media devices and even individual files and folders.
- Hard Drive Eraser: A high speed, efficient and flexible total erasure solution for PCs, laptops, servers and storage environments that enables safe disposal and reuse.
- Mobile Device Eraser: Secure mass erasure of Android, iOS and Windows smartphones and tablets.
- Flash Drive Eraser: Erase flash media storage devices stored within smartphones, tablets, network routers, and cameras etc.
- File Eraser: Erase files and folders on active PCs, servers and virtual machines to prevent data breach.
- LUN Eraser: Centrally erase logical drives like LUNs and virtual machines in an active storage environment.
Can securely erase data from PCs, laptops, servers and storage environments. These fully automated and centrally managed solutions provide cutting edge efficiency and productivity to meet the complex needs of organizations managing multiple data storage devices.
One key advantage of Blancco’s data erasure solutions is that each erasure generates a comprehensive and digitally-signed report. Reports are critical to prove that the erasure was actually performed as without them there is no evidence that the erasure actually took place. They can also help collect details related to the erasure and your organization’s IT sanitized assets.
Degaussing is the process of reducing or eliminating an unwanted magnetic field (or data) stored on tape and disk media such as computer and laptop hard drives, diskettes, reels, cassettes and cartridge tapes. When exposed to the powerful magnetic field of a degausser, the magnetic data on a tape or hard disk is neutralized, or erased. Degaussing is the guaranteed form of hard drive erasure, as such; it serves as the standard method of data destruction. Using the right degausser will guarantee that your information is no longer retrievable.
- Degaussing is simply a demagnetizing process to erase a hard drive or tape.
- Degaussers contain a controlled magnetic field that is measured in units of gauss or oersteds (Oe).
- All magnetic media has a magnetic property, called coercivity, that is also measured in units of oersteds.
- The Oersted (Oe) value tells us how easy or how difficult a piece of media is to erase. Basically, higher Oe media requires stronger degausser magnetic field ratings.